Saturday, April 12, 2008

My birthday

Well, today was my birthday and it was a fun day. We spent part of the day at Courtney and Tommy's (friends from church, if you don't know them) house celebrating their son Isaac's one-year birthday. (it is so cool that we share the same birthday!). And then we picked up Shane's parents at the airport as they came back from their trip to NY city. That night I had ice cream and girl talk with Tara and that was a nice way to end my birthday. But I have to tell you about my birthday present. It is not a conventional gift, but it is so me (I am not that hard to please)! I got Guitar Hero 3 for Wii! I know that may seem like a strange gift for a girl, but you have to realize that I am a child of the 80s, and I was into (still am!) the rock bands with the long hair and awesome guitar solos! So for me, this is my way to be that rock star I always wanted to be! I can't wait to nail those solos and beat the game. I may end up better than Slash (Guns 'n Roses guitarist, just in case your not into that)!

2 comments:

Kevin said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!

Melissa said...

Ok, so I just now checked this because it hadn't been updated in a while and something told me to look anyway. Good thing I did! I'm glad your birthday was great. Sorry I couldn't be there!