Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Boot camp has begun

This week my marathon training group started Boot Camp. It is kind of a pre-marathon conditioning sessions that is 4 days a week for 6 weeks. Monday was our assessment (which we will do every 3 weeks) and we had to time a 1-mile run/walk, and then do as many sit-ups, seated dips, crunches, and mountain climbers as we could in 1 minute. It was tough! Tonight we started the training and I think tomorrow I will hurt in places I did not know I had. I know that I will be much better off when I am done, but the only thing I kept thinking was that people actually pay for this (and I am glad ours is free)! I was a little worried about it because since I ran the half marathon in January, I have had severe plantar fasciaitis and have not been able to run. But I went to the sports medicine doctor yesterday and they said it was not broken (which I worried about since it really has not felt any better). Then today I went and had my feet casted for custom orthotics, so hopefully that will help too. I am so ready to get back to running. Not running has made me realize how much it is a way for me to spend time to myself, away from the hectic life, and I feel so lost without that. My running shoes miss me! I am so amazed at how much running has gotten in my blood. I certainly never thought I would ever say such a thing!

2 comments:

Regina said...

I love it! I hope that your running is going well! I loved the camping pictures! We are looking forward to taking the girls camping Memorial Day weekend, they love tent camping! :0) I loved the pic of Shane!!

Unknown said...

Just read your comment and I am SO excited you have a BLOG!!! I'm still basking in the glow from last weekend's 1/2...get that foot healthy and join us next year! I'll check in often to see what you are up to. Have a great day!